Search the forum,

Discuss making good of walls once old tiles removed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Evening all, hope this finds you well. Just a quick question.. What is the best method of making good walls once old tiles have been removed? And what’s the preffered method to removing old adhesive? Many thanks in advance, Stu.

Q

Qwerty

If any patching up is required in small area's you can just skim over with rapid set adhesive. On a solid wall if the plaster and render is crumbling to bits it may be best to hack it all off with an SDS drill & chisel attachment and then overboard the walls. Likewise on a plasterboard wall if its that bad just reboard it.

R

Rickb

Sometimes if it is old tubbed adhesive a couple or three coats of water softens it up and makes life easier when scraping.

Reply to making good of walls once old tiles removed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen