Search the forum,

Discuss Loose tiles and trim need fixing in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

serval

TF
Reaction score
So, my elderly/disabled neighbour mentioned to me the other day that one of the seals had come off in her bathroom come off.
Not problem i said id take a look as it should only be a quick clean up and re seal. (im a diy tiler by the way)

Turns out its actually the grout and a few tiles that look like they come loose around where the svp is boxed in.

DSC_4028.JPG

DSC_4027.JPG

Tiles can be pried off by hand by the look of things. I know from doing ny bathroom that its most like plywood under the tiles.
Cant see any water damage so not sure why they came loose. Taps/pipes are at the other end of the bath.

Said id try id remove them, clean off the old addy and rebed.
Fairy confident i can get the tiles off without breaking them.
Just not sure about the plastic corner trim and if it will remain intact and straight enough for me to sort out...Anyone had to refit tiles whilst not ruining the trim?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
It does look like they have debonded. As for the trim, just depends on how we the tiles are stuck to it. Take it slowly and try and remove as careful as you can. The reason for debonding could be a few
Reasons. Best remove and
See what’s underneath

Reply to Loose tiles and trim need fixing in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen