Discuss Looking for advice regarding decoupling matting in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I'm after some advice with regard large format Tiles with water fed underfloor heating.
I'm about to lay 100m2 of plank style (1500mm x 240mm) on chipboard floorboards with integrated underfloor heating.
I was planning on using Durabase C1++ decoupling matting but saw that it may not be suitable for large format Tiles and their website doesn't say if its suitable for underfloor heating.
Does anyone know if its OK to use or if I need to upgrade to ditra matting although they seem to have the same properties.
Thanks for your time, Gav.

Reaction score
Use cement board.I wouldn’t use matting on timber of any type as it only covers lateral movement. And timber can expand in all directions.
Hi Anthony. Thanks for your advice.
Don't I need to screw the cement board down though ? Or can it just be fixed on a 3mm notched bed of tile adhesive?
Don't want to risk screwing into floor into the wet underfloor hearing. Cheers Gav.

Reply to Looking for advice regarding decoupling matting in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks