Search the forum,

Discuss Long Straight Line of Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AndyLFC5

Basic question, but whats the best technique to get floor tiles running in a straight line, doing a long hall that runs into a long kitchen, so anything a bit out will show.

Cheers

Andy

G

GazTech

Basic question, but whats the best technique to get floor tiles running in a straight line, doing a long hall that runs into a long kitchen, so anything a bit out will show.

Cheers

Andy
or stick a laser line down the hall and mark it in pencil....Gaz

A

actiling

orite andy,
dependinding on what the floor is like,ie nice and flat..chalk line
little bit uneven..string line,this will help u with the heights but keep it quite tight.
......good luck

R

Rad2474

Dry lay them out down the middle stand back and look at them you should be able to see if they are straight.

C

cococay

Chalk line would be good as advised or if chipboard/ply or wooden floor you could nail down a couple of straight wooden battens.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd string a line down on a grout joint (after working out where your cuts will be and making sure they're easy to cut and nice looking) then use a straight edge or a couple of levels and pin them down with a box of tiles on your line and then you know your sticking to your setout.

NickH

TF
Reaction score
I've used a string line in the past but now would always use a laser. I use a PLS2 and you can set it up high on a tripod or magnet it onto a long spirit level and clamp that to something . However you set it up its easy to set out your line.

E

enduro

Little tip if you use a chalk ping ling, when u have chalk line on the floor spray with hairspray and it wont rub off.

Reply to Long Straight Line of Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen