Search the forum,

Discuss Little job to do at home in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

DJS

TF
Reaction score
Wanted to share this, as its been 5 yrs since that thread about self levelling tips, and after having a break from tiling and now back at it again, I got to do the hybrid mix for the bay's and runners method. Was much easier with sand and cement in mix, but next time, will mix it a bit dryer, as I think they sagged a bit when setting. Not a problem, as I need the SLC to over-spill and fix other divots in the floor, where it wasn't levelled properly previously!

I remember the day the original screed was laid on this floor around '97, the roof wasn't on the building and it rained all afternoon once the builder started it in the morning. So the screed near the door where he finished, hadn't set by the time the rain started and it weakened the mix. So it slowly crumbles, unless it has a hard floor covering. So it's out with the old and in with some new...while weathers good and got time!

Reply to Little job to do at home in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen