Search the forum,

Discuss Lifting loose tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H573

TF
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’ve been asked to lift and replace some loose tiles (see picture).
The customer only has a few spares and has asked if it’s possible to lift the loose ones without breaking and refix them. The tiles are also butted up together. Is there any way this is possible?
Just for the record I didn’t lay them originally.
1575639954468.jpeg

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
If they are loose then use a suction cup to lift them, once you have one up the rest are more accessible

H573

TF
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’ve been asked to lift and replace some loose tiles (see picture).
The customer only has a few spares and has asked if it’s possible to lift the loose ones without breaking and refix them. The tiles are also butted up together. Is there any way this is possible?
Just for the record I didn’t lay them originally. View attachment 111364
Thanks Tony 👍🏼

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'd avoid a job like that personally. There is a bigger reason they are coming loose and simply refitting the loose ones won't fix that. Can of worms!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I was about to say what Tony said and ask why it's lifting in the first place.

I assume wrong adhesive used or something that's just going to make the rest come off at some point too.

D

Dumbo

Pound to a penny it's because they're butt jointed and as above tenting .
Used to see it on some houses built in the 80s where they used pilks butt fixed in the shower , touch them and they were off

Reply to Lifting loose tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen