Search the forum,

Discuss Levelling out a aqual panel wall for tiling large format in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rupert

Hi All,

I have boarded a wall with aqua panel, dot and dabbed and then plugged and screwed to give a mechanical fixing.

Despite best efforts in ensuring all boards were level and no lippage between the joints, one of the boards seems to have pulled in too much along the top . I’ve put a straight edge over it which extends from the level board to the ceiling.

The top of the board needs coming out. There is about a 5mm gap at the top reducing down gradually to the levelled panel lower down.

I can’t take this board off now as its been dob and dabbed. What is the best way to bring out the level?

Can I use rapid set to build up the gap?

Thanks.

R

rupert

ailill

TF
Reaction score
Hi Rupert,
I am very interested in using the mentioned boards.
Could you, please, post some pictures showing the way you fix them?
What do you glue them to the wall with & what screws and plugs do you use?
What is the frequency of dobs and dabs?
When do you put the screws and plugs?
Thanks a mil
Peter

M

Mr T

im guessing you would fix them with screws once the drywall adhesive had set otherwise you would have problems if you level the board and then start putting screws in

Reply to Levelling out a aqual panel wall for tiling large format in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen