Search the forum,

Discuss Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

F06F665B-3F88-4667-A139-275E8CFE92EA.jpeg 59613AC0-A8BB-42B7-9228-8F2EF54D483D.jpeg 54270025-4366-421F-8F8F-E924FB1DB1B2.jpeg F84658FD-DFA0-445B-B669-F57029C84B39.jpeg 9E6CE6E8-9C1C-481B-9070-DCF9466CF10D.jpeg I’ve had arguments with ‘tilers’ who tell me that levelling clips are a gimmick and they’re not needed. Well look what happened to some plonker who said this to me. The floor without the clips is obvious and by pure coincidence I finished one yesterday were clips were used. I got a call by a plumber friend asking me to quote to finish the job that the ‘tiler’ who wouldn’t use clips got threw off, so I visited site yesterday to find this :eek:

Only a few using them ,come on guys get with the times move on ,i could have laid a 15 mtr floor the time that fella explaind all that been payed gone home and had my tea,but he had to explain properly for all us that dont know anything,listen i dont come on here to fall out with folk and i think after 40 odd years in the trade i think i may know a little and a little respect wouldnt go a miss,that american fella is probrably a very rich man now and doesnt need to fix another tile theese new fangle bits cant work miracles,maybe the tile maufaturers need to spend and make the tiles flat that woul be nice for us and the customers

H

hmtiling

Only a few using them ,come on guys get with the times move on ,i could have laid a 15 mtr floor the time that fella explaind all that been payed gone home and had my tea,but he had to explain properly for all us that dont know anything,listen i dont come on here to fall out with folk and i think after 40 odd years in the trade i think i may know a little and a little respect wouldnt go a miss,that american fella is probrably a very rich man now and doesnt need to fix another tile theese new fangle bits cant work miracles,maybe the tile maufaturers need to spend and make the tiles flat that woul be nice for us and the customers
I think you'd get a little more respect if you knew what you were talking about Brian. 40 years or 6 months in, if you are wrong then you're wrong and you are wrong

Believe me being in the trade for so long ive heard allsorts of c..p where so called tilers try to con customers into certain things, if that is keeping up with the times well ill stay behind thanks and do things that i know from old,dont think anyone on this site will agree but to me experience counts for a lot and whatever anyone says you will never ta

I think you'd get a little more respect if you knew what you were talking about Brian. 40 years or 6 months in, if you are wrong then you're wrong and you are wrong
Here we go ,i would sooner listen to someone with experience than someone with nonas a matter of intrest which corse did you go on

H

hmtiling

Believe me being in the trade for so long ive heard allsorts of c..p where so called tilers try to con customers into certain things, if that is keeping up with the times well ill stay behind thanks and do things that i know from old,dont think anyone on this site will agree but to me experience counts for a lot and whatever anyone says you will never ta
You're sayn using clips is conning people?

S

Spare Tool

The way I read that post your calling us con men, well personally I think its you conning your customers telling them they've bought bent tiles and you'll do your best with them but they won't be perfect but its there fault for buying the tiles when there's a product out there for a few pennies that will sort it :)
Over the 40 years don't try and tell me youve never folded a bit of card up or jammed a spacer under the corner of a tile just to get that last mill adjustment, well there's now a magical product that can do this for you, oh and if you say no then sorry but I don't believe you

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
There’s no real fixed number to a floor Andy, esp planks, it can vary depending on quality. What I tend to do is buy 2000 and divide cost over next few jobs by adding what I think I can get away with to cover cost of whole purchase. Probably a simpler way I’d say. Adding per m2 can look expensive to clients if you’re giving meterage rates, where loosing £50 is much simpler.
How much does 2.000 cost...... And roughly how many square meters would it do......... Average size tile..... Not them bloody massive things you fit... :)

S

Spare Tool

Andy do you give the price to the customer including clips before you start the job?sorry meaning are they included in your price
Not given a fixed price for years, everything's an estimate with me, dayrate plus mats, just tot up everything at the end, customers usually ask what they do and after explaining the benefits they just pay, not had a quibble about £20 or whatever for them on an invoice up to now..

Not given a fixed price for years, everything's an estimate with me, dayrate plus mats, just tot up everything at the end, customers usually ask what they do and after explaining the benefits they just pay, not had a quibble about £20 or whatever for them on an invoice up to now..
So say i have a fifteen mtr floor to tile just 600 ×300 brick style from b&q any idea how much please the floor may need a couple of bags of leveler first

martin1c

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I've been using them for ages. I add the cost of them to the job but have never discussed it with a customer.... It's not an option as far as I'm concerned. Virtually every customer I've had has been really impressed by the clips.

I am also absolutely sure that they do speed up workflow and I'd recommend them to anyone

Reply to Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement