Search the forum,

Discuss Laying 895 x 225 wood effect ceramics on d-mat process, eg solid bed, back buttering ? Bed thickness in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

El frizz

Interested to see how you guys would approach this e.g bed thickness , how many m2 laid per day etc?

E

El frizz

80 m2 in all, around bull nose stairs and intricate hallway and 4 double doorways , screed not as level as hoped so trying to level floor but seem to be using a lot of adhesive now!!

S

SJPurdy

Never good trying to compensate for bad floor when using plank tiles!

...or any tile really. For years I did it this way... keep lifting tiles adding more addy refiting etc etc. but it is much more sensible and quicker to level the floor first with a SLC then just fix them to the flat floor ( spread addy;comb with notched trowel; back butter tiles then position them with a slide/shuffle to flatten the notches giving a solid bed of addy).

Need plans or pictures to estmate price: guess number of days it will take multiply by your day rate; add cost of SLC+addy+grout+primer+spacers/clips+other consumables etc and divide by 80m2 to get a rate per m2 for this particular job

Reply to Laying 895 x 225 wood effect ceramics on d-mat process, eg solid bed, back buttering ? Bed thickness in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen