Search the forum,

Discuss lash clips not for me! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

What worries me is the skill that is requaired to lay tiles with all these new ideas will disappear.
Give it ten years a guy will walk into a property measure a hallway, back to the office sit in front of his computer and do a layout for victorian floors.
A machine will produce a pattern on a web back to be laid and the buffer tiles just to be cut against the edges.
All fast track work and a loss of skilled trades.
Seen it with the plastering, dry linning took over and thats fast track.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

karlm98

i have used them and i think they are pretty good, what ever makes the job easier is fine by me and as long as your 1st m2 is level they do help speed up the rest of the job and i dont need to use my level n mallet as much on rec porcs..a 12mm Trowel is something i would use for larger formats anyway that and a back buttering especially over UFH, no matter what advancements are made in tools the tile n adhesive will always be heavy work and that will keep a lot of folk away from tiling,

has anyone seen the rubi system now that is expensive! it looks like a rip on the tuscan system, the raimondi system looks good and i have heard that it works a treat but still a bit costly the only problem with the lash is a Sore Thumb.

makes me wonder what tilers thought about thinset when it came out they probably said it takes away the skill level and makes tiling less of a trade, you could go back and also say the same about mixer drills wet saws mosaic on a matt etc..all of these have made tiling faster and easier but as we know its not just the tile to walls/floors that makes a nice job its the prep work making sure the surface is good to tile on now thats the skill

B

Barry bp

I use lash clips when i started tiling i layed quarry tiles into screed and gully tiles I have carried out all types of tiling I fortunatley have a reputation for being a very good tiler there is plenty of skill in tiling to a high standard prep grouting see plenty of bad grouting silicon same again marking out.You need 12mm trowel they speed my work up and get perfect finish ideal if there is moderate problems with floor im not too proud to except new technolige even if i carnt spell! :thumbsup:

M

mistral

They sound like they would help speed up work on large format polished porcelain and the like.......

S

Stewart

If you prep a floor properly, there's no need for these at all. I personally can't see how they would make laying large format tiles any quicker and could lead to having voids under the tile. IMO a diy product at best!

Reply to lash clips not for me! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen