Search the forum,

Discuss Large project advice please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

samlwind

Hi

New to the forum and I have a large (to me) project to undertake.

Firstly I am looking for 80 x 80 porcelain concrete effect tiles. Can anyone point me in the direction of where the trade would get these or even how to import some? I have been to the usual places and found some I like at £45m2.

I need approx 130m2 including an R11 option for tiling a balcony.

Also can anyone recommend a decent tile cutter? I have a large carriage type wet cutter but this is time consuming. I saw a video here where they cut xxl format tiles with a guide (bit like a plunge saw) and then stuck a batten underneath and used pliers to snap the tile. Thought that was a good idea instead of buying a heavy and expensive scratch and snap type.

Thanks in advance Sam

B

Blunt Tool

Go to your local tile shops, buying that amount plus all the materials you will need and equipment should give you a good barter,
As a builder you know yourself that projects are often started with the best intentions, I cook a meal now and then for the wife, quite good at it but still wouldn't do a catering job for a 130 guest wedding party.

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gateshead NE8, UK
If our looking for a decent blade try forum sponser @ATSDiamondTools.
I would shop around and maybe try small family run tile shop s they will likely be able to offer good discount on an order that size, if not try CTD as @timeless john mentioned and then oh can get points/vouchers back on purchase of tiles which could pay for the materials.
Hi Adey C.T.D is a mainly a trade referred business, the points you mention are for trade only.The voucher scheme is were a tiler gives a customer 20% of his discount
and he keeps the rest.

S

samlwind

That rubi tz looks perfect. The wet cutter I have will take much longer but will do the job.
I know these 80x80s will be a challenge but I have done 50x50 for someone before in a big kitchen.
This is my home so I hope without the pressure of having to earn a decent price out of it I can take my time etc
I am going to use one of these wedge levelling knock off systems if anyone could recommend one?

Bond

TF
Arms
Highland
That rubi tz looks perfect. The wet cutter I have will take much longer but will do the job.
I know these 80x80s will be a challenge but I have done 50x50 for someone before in a big kitchen.
This is my home so I hope without the pressure of having to earn a decent price out of it I can take my time etc
I am going to use one of these wedge levelling knock off systems if anyone could recommend one?
Have a look at Raimondi RLS levelling system, used this system recently, (first time using a levelling system). Had no issues with it, simple to use , once you got a handle on the wedge tension.

O

Old Mod

If our looking for a decent blade try forum sponser @ATSDiamondTools.

ATS are not forum sponsors Adey, but still a good supplier of diamond blades.
As are our spnsors @Pro Tiler Tools
The new Bosch blade they sell for about £27 is excellent.
Bosch Dry & Clean Cut Diamond Angle Grinder Blade 115mm 2608615076 | Buy Bosch Diamond Blades Online from Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/bosch-diamond-blades/52435/bosch-dry-clean-cut-diamond-angle-grinder-blade-115mm-2608615076

G

GoneGuy

ATS are not forum sponsors Adey, but still a good supplier of diamond blades.
As are our spnsors @Pro Tiler Tools
The new Bosch blade they sell for about £27 is excellent.
Bosch Dry & Clean Cut Diamond Angle Grinder Blade 115mm 2608615076 | Buy Bosch Diamond Blades Online from Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/bosch-diamond-blades/52435/bosch-dry-clean-cut-diamond-angle-grinder-blade-115mm-2608615076
Sorry should have done my homework

Reply to Large project advice please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays