Search the forum,

Discuss Large format, small bathroom! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

A lot of people might not appreciate what's involved in delivering that quality of work Marc, first class delivery by the way..
That's why I asked how long it took.
Pricing jobs like that needs to be right or they can be a disaster.
Was the customer an engineer by any chance?
Thanks Lee, make you right with the pricing tho, I'm getting there tho and I'm much more resolute these days in sticking to my guns.
Funnily enough, no he isn't, he's a property manager, mainly commercial, he's just incredibly precise in everything he seems to undertake.
He wouldn't even fit the lights til the tiling was done cos he was concerned as to how they may cause shadowing in the room.
That wall cabinet was hand made,and after he'd given me the finish detail around it, he had to have it reduced in size by 5mm cos he miscalculated. Haha didn't bat an eyelid tho.
He was showing me yday the paint finish in his living room, and how he felt that the colour wasn't flat enough, he bought a matt White from Farrowand was unhappy as he detect a slight reflective sheen in it! Get the idea? Haha

L

LM

Thanks Lee, make you right with the pricing tho, I'm getting there tho and I'm much more resolute these days in sticking to my guns.
Funnily enough, no he isn't, he's a property manager, mainly commercial, he's just incredibly precise in everything he seems to undertake.
He wouldn't even fit the lights til the tiling was done cos he was concerned as to how they may cause shadowing in the room.
That wall cabinet was hand made,and after he'd given me the finish detail around it, he had to have it reduced in size by 5mm cos he miscalculated. Haha didn't bat an eyelid tho.
He was showing me yday the paint finish in his living room, and how he felt that the colour wasn't flat enough, he bought a matt White from Farrowand was unhappy as he detect a slight reflective sheen in it! Get the idea? Haha
Jesss that guy needs to open his eyes to the world and realise that there's more to life!
On another note I insist that the finish lights are on when I tile so as there's no surprises when they are turned on and the angles change.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score

I'm the same though Marc, can't stand any type of sheen on wall. Have to use daed flat emulsion from F&B and their Estate Eggshell that has the slightest sheen on woodwork. Bit anal, but I know where he's coming from

O

Old Mod

I'm the same though Marc, can't stand any type of sheen on wall. Have to use daed flat emulsion from F&B and their Estate Eggshell that has the slightest sheen on woodwork. Bit anal, but I know where he's coming from
No john, I can clearly see your point and can appreciate a man knowing what he wants, I'm not dissimilar.
However, standing on one leg with your head cocked and squinting thro one eye facing the sun, I believe is pushing expectations a little too far! Haha

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
No john, I can clearly see your point and can appreciate a man knowing what he wants, I'm not dissimilar.
However, standing on one leg with your head cocked and squinting thro one eye facing the sun, I believe is pushing expectations a little too far! Haha

Not in my world …….. wouldn't expect anything less ;)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please accept my apologies then Marc, it's embedded deep in my DNA….. It is either right or wrong….nothing in-between :tearsofjoy:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You should know…..your work is always of the highest order

Reply to Large format, small bathroom! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen