Search the forum,

Discuss Large format porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Linear Tiler

Have a job installing the tiles in the link. 900x450 slate effect porcelain.

I have an overhead wet cutter but only it will only allow a max of 750mm on a straight cut. Does anyone know where and what kit I could hire to cut these tiles.
or could I use an angle grinder? if that's pos what blades are good?

thanks in advance!:smilewinkgrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Touchstone

Hi yes for a large tile like that you need a large bench saw but are alot of money if you are only doing this job.
best bet would be to use a angle grinder with a good diamond blade.alot cheaper to buy and will do the job.
hope this helps.

G

Gall.B

Why do they need to be wet cut could get a decent 900mm dry cutter for not very much money.

I

Ian

Where are you in the country? Someone might have a suitable cutter they are willing to lend/hire you.

A

akinsontiles

CTD will let you hire a rubi TX1200 which would be big enough for scoring them and possibly snapping them if they will. With tiles like this I usually go for the angle grinder with a diamond tipped blade. I bought mine four years ago and never needed to replace the blade yet. To be honest so long as you can cope with the dust that is created on a job then I prefer them to my wet cutter.

L

Linear Tiler

dust not a prob as it's a garage floor and so can all be done out side with out having countless trips back and fourth. .
thanks for tips

Reply to Large format porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen