Search the forum,

Discuss l.a.s.h. spacers ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pesky8

has anyone one been useing the lash spacers for the large format porcelain tiles?
would like to know if they are worth the time and money, as i have about 100 metres of the stuff to put down.
have to say i like the idea no lipage.
thanks.

G

Gazzer

Do you usually get lippage ? I think they advertise them as minimising lippage not no lippage at all though.

D

DHTiling

If used correctly then there should not be lippage, but this also depends on how flat the substrate is to start with IMO..

You have to mix your adhesive slightly wetter than normal.. But IMO they are more for preventing slumpage on large format tiles as that is the common cause of some lippage.. apart from fixer error.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've always thought that if a tile sinks, it doesn't just need pulling up a bit to be level/flat, it needs lifting and more adhesive putting under it to get 100% coverage.

If a tile that sinks but has 100% coverage is lifted, does it still have 100% coverage? What's gone under it to lift it? Air! Not what you want, especially on expensive large format.

D

DHTiling

If you use a large format trowel then sometimes certain adhesives slump as they dry.. then these clips would be handy for that.. but i use the proper adhesives to start with.. but i think there is a market for certain systems but they can be pricey.

F

Fred

I'm very weary of these systems. If the system pulls up the corners and there is little or no adhesive under that area, it will eventually fail, ie, pressure from high heeled shoes etc.

I'm on a job at the moment, very nice flats in Richmond built in 1905. The builder has laid 12 mm ply and still with a 12 mm trowel, I'm having to pick up every tile to inspect and ensure adhesive is properly packed, time comsuming but piece of mind! I don't think these systems would work under these circumstances, but thats my opinion.

G

garretridge

a gimmic in my opinion i used them once :thumbsdown: slowed me down it the suface is flat there should be no lips using the right adhesive and trowel method save your money !:thumbsup:

P

pesky8

i don't normally get lippage, just the odd one that might sink and i miss. i worry to much, thats my problem.

sounds like there are pros and cons to this thing,like everything i suppose.

the lash on tradetiler does advertise it as "no more lippage". that might be a brave statement then!?

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
IMO there's no substitute for even trowelling of adhesive in straight lines keeping the ribs open and therefore expelling air, and allowing the tile to sink before the adhesive dries, that way you will see any lippage likely to occur before it gets sucked down when the adhesive dries, and if necessary adding a bit of extra adhesive where needed.:thumbsup:

Reply to l.a.s.h. spacers ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen