Search the forum,

Discuss l.a.s.h. spacers ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I've always thought that if a tile sinks, it doesn't just need pulling up a bit to be level/flat, it needs lifting and more adhesive putting under it to get 100% coverage.

If a tile that sinks but has 100% coverage is lifted, does it still have 100% coverage? What's gone under it to lift it? Air! Not what you want, especially on expensive large format.

F

Fred

I'm very weary of these systems. If the system pulls up the corners and there is little or no adhesive under that area, it will eventually fail, ie, pressure from high heeled shoes etc.

I'm on a job at the moment, very nice flats in Richmond built in 1905. The builder has laid 12 mm ply and still with a 12 mm trowel, I'm having to pick up every tile to inspect and ensure adhesive is properly packed, time comsuming but piece of mind! I don't think these systems would work under these circumstances, but thats my opinion.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
IMO there's no substitute for even trowelling of adhesive in straight lines keeping the ribs open and therefore expelling air, and allowing the tile to sink before the adhesive dries, that way you will see any lippage likely to occur before it gets sucked down when the adhesive dries, and if necessary adding a bit of extra adhesive where needed.:thumbsup:

Reply to l.a.s.h. spacers ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.