Search the forum,

Discuss kerakoll in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

cheers Dave, I thought I'd heard about a "crossover" addy, for want of a better expression, that bridged the need to prime a cement addy on an anhydrite substrate

It's not cement based doug...it is a gypsum friendly based adhesive..;)

H40 ideal is the one i think..

W

White Room

I thought it sounded was a schluter product at first.

Who supplies that product then

D

DHTiling

Don't think so. Thought it was a while ago but the H40 Ideal is a sulphate resistant cement based addy. Unless they holding out on me of course. Sorry If I got it wrong. I am human after all. :oops:

I thought i had read about it being none cement on some spanish site...have you some data on this then Alan....plz..

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
so our old mate "ettringite failure" still with us:thumbsup:

Seen it used a few times now.

With cement Addy you are better to use Epoxy Primer (Tack free ideally) I have yet to see an ettrigite failure with this system. Uncoupling works as well but I have been talking to other manufacturers and all sorts of gypsum based addys are crawling out of the European woodwork recently. Uzin is the latest. Weber have one, apparently PCI have one, Benfer have one, Forbo have one - frustrating thing is they don't sell them in the UK. Only one in the UK which is easy to get hold of is Creative IMpressions but they based in Preston and whilst they deal direct it's not the same as picking it up at your local tile shop. I guess if the tilers began to demand it it might happen. I'll keep pushing - we don't change very fast in the UK and anhydrites have only been about for 20 odd years after all.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I thought i had read about it being none cement on some spanish site...have you some data on this then Alan....plz..

I did post a data sheet a while back in the thread calcium sulphide screeds but I can't figure out how to attach it to this one and it wont let me post it again.

Kerakoll.com

Here is the link to the website data sheet though. I have not seen the Spanish version so they may have a product I don't know about but I am certain that the H40 Ideal in the UK is sulphate resistant cement based. I met with their Technical Manager ad one of their sales team and they are very confident about the primer thing but I have yet to be convinced. Obviously if it can be used without a primer that is a cost advantage but it is so completely alien to me not to recomend a primer and I can see so many issues with absorbant surfaces such as screeds.

D

doug boardley

I did post a data sheet a while back in the thread calcium sulphide screeds but I can't figure out how to attach it to this one and it wont let me post it again.

Kerakoll.com

Here is the link to the website data sheet though. I have not seen the Spanish version so they may have a product I don't know about but I am certain that the H40 Ideal in the UK is sulphate resistant cement based. I met with their Technical Manager ad one of their sales team and they are very confident about the primer thing but I have yet to be convinced. Obviously if it can be used without a primer that is a cost advantage but it is so completely alien to me not to recomend a primer and I can see so many issues with absorbant surfaces such as screeds.
I believe it was one of your essays that I read Alan:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reply to kerakoll in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen