Search the forum,

Discuss Joining Ditra membrane and Jackoboard in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm doing a wetroom and will be using Ditra Heat Duo membrane for the UFH. I looked at Kerdi Boards for walls and Kerdi LTS for the shower tray but these are double the price of for example Jackboard so I thought of using that on walls and shower tray instead but my question is how can I tape and seal/tank the jackboard on walls and ditra membrane on the floor ? Schluter recommend Kerdi Coll for their products, Jackboard have their own so it's not really clear which one would work on both, if at all possible.

Also, I haven't yet stripped the wallpaper of the walls and fearing it has hardwall underneath which isn't great for tiling on so my question is what's the best way to fix Kerdi/Jacko to walls using tile adhesive? Would I need to plaster the walls first or apply a primer e.g.: SBR ?

Thanks

Reply to Joining Ditra membrane and Jackoboard in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen