Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I really can't get on with that type, I dunno what it is but it just doesn't feel right. Must try again tho as I've got one, and I guess they last for ages

O

Old Mod

I really can't get on with that type, I dunno what it is but it just doesn't feel right. Must try again tho as I've got one, and I guess they last for ages
A fair time, material dependant Tom, the secret is to undercut with a blade less than 2mm from the edge, then polish.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yea mate that's exactly what I do, it's just those metal polishing pads you use, I cant get on with them, as I say I don't know why I've tried a bunch of times but I keep going back to the other type lol

O

Old Mod

The way that works best, is the way it works for you Tom, we all do things slightly different.
As long as the end result is achieved, it really doesn’t matter mate. :)

G

GoneGuy

Got a new laser measure to make life a bit easier
Bosch GLM 50c with Bluetooth, also a free app to help with plans

3FAF834F-F54A-492F-9846-5BFEF5CF0CF6.jpeg 368796EC-047E-4239-9D95-C13119F6D5D0.jpeg

B

Blunt Tool

Something to start my week with a smile, a new dust extractor.
Ok so I know it’s not Tuesday, but I might be busy tomorrow. :D

Getting so heavily involved in large formats these days I’m having to continually improve my kit to cope with the extra demands that it brings
Like mitring these large pieces.
Mitring smaller formats is not too messy and is relatively quick, a 2.4m long piece however is a different story.
Bare with me, I’m trying to justify the outlay. :)
But what I’ve found is that the level of dust generated is immense and it’s starting to ruin me (even with a respirator) and my kit.
So I took the plunge and dug deep, the result?
This.
Twin motor Optim 120 M class dust extractor with 50mm hose, pre separator and 65litres capacity wet or dry.
Used it today, and what a difference it makes to have proper dust extraction, and only needed to use one motor to cope with the dust generated whilst mitring.
It also means that I can run two pieces of kit at the same time while maintaining a dust free environment.
I’ve already noticed a huge difference, my work area is now totally dust free, and I don’t need to clean my glasses every 10 mins from the inevitable lingering airborne dust particles.
Enough waffle, I’m comfortable with the expense now. :p

View attachment 96428 View attachment 96429 View attachment 96430 View attachment 96431

View attachment 96434

View attachment 96432

View attachment 96427
Nice piece of kit, and with the kinda work you do it makes sense to be as near as possible to room they are being installed and have the best possible tools to do it as clean and efficient as possible, so never going to be cheap!

O

Old Mod

Nice piece of kit, and with the kinda work you do it makes sense to be as near as possible to room they are being installed and have the best possible tools to do it as clean and efficient as possible, so never going to be cheap!
Day two Ian and still totally impressed!
Probably the best tool I’ve ever bought that works perfectly, straight out the box, if you get my meaning.
No practise, no messing about to get it to work for me, just brilliant.
And now I’m just gushing! :p:p:p

O

Old Mod

Practice? Why would you need to practice? It's a hoover FFS! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I know you know what I mean ya git! Haha
But for those who don’t!
Usually when I get new stuff, it takes time to adjust and get used to the new tool, this, not so much. :) That’s what I mean.

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks