Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

Looks like a real nice bit of kit. I think the main difference your having to most is your working indoors more from what i have seen with your cutting tiles, you can’t nip out and mitre a 2.4 like I can with a 600x300. Well worth having.

O

Old Mod

Looks like a real nice bit of kit. I think the main difference your having to most is your working indoors more from what i have seen with your cutting tiles, you can’t nip out and mitre a 2.4 like I can with a 600x300. Well worth having.
That’s actually very true Andy.

O

Old Mod

Do you just use that with a grinder shroud with hose attement Marc? If so do you not find it harder to mitred with the hose attached, ie is pulls the grinder slightly over with the hose?
What sort of shroud are you talking about Tom?

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Old Mod

Do you just use that with a grinder shroud with hose attement Marc? If so do you not find it harder to mitred with the hose attached, ie is pulls the grinder slightly over with the hose?
Oh ok, that’s a cutting shroud, get very minimal dust when I undercut the tile TOM cos I usually use a wet sponge when cutting, it’s more the polishing that generates tons of dust.
I never tried using that type of shroud to polish, have you?

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yea I did wonder about that, as I know you use a sponge, no I can't say that I have, but I have duct taped the hose of the Hoover to the grinder to catch most it which if positioned right gets a fair bit of the dust, just using a Henry, but a deeper version of that shroud, could work nicely, on another note, I've just started using pads from rightlines, for working the back of my mitres, they seem to be lasting longer than the ones I had from ats last time, about 30 linear meters worth out of it so far on hard as, 10mm porc and it's still not even half way worn yet, dunno what you are using atm, it's just a heads up mate

O

Old Mod

Yea I did wonder about that, as I know you use a sponge, no I can't say that I have, but I have duct taped the hose of the Hoover to the grinder to catch most it which if positioned right gets a fair bit of the dust, just using a Henry, but a deeper version of that shroud, could work nicely, on another note, I've just started using pads from rightlines, for working the back of my mitres, they seem to be lasting longer than the ones I had from ats last time, about 30 linear meters worth out of it so far on hard as, 10mm porc and it's still not even half way worn yet, dunno what you are using atm, it's just a heads up mate
Do you have an image or link Tom?

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks