Discuss Is this job being done correctly in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Blunt Tool

When he comes back tell him you have sought professional advice and that he should have checked to see if bath was level and walls were plumb before he started whole tiles from either. Ask if he has put any form of bonding agent on loose old patchy plaster walls before tile adhesive. Also has he even set out to see if there is a nice size cut at ceiling and floor or is it just a lottery to see if he is lucky! Tile grout lines should be nice and even, plumb and level and no tile edge sticking out past another. Adhesive should be applied to walls and tiles coated on the back to compensate for poor existing walls. Tell him to stop, and go and find a reputable tiler preferably one who can give you references of past work, be prepared to pay a little extra to get a professional job!

F

Flintstone

At least he used decent adhesive but that's where the decency ends. Poor job all round and poor tiles too unfortunately it sounds like a case of you get what you pay for

A

Antony Davies

Thank you for all your advice the tiler is related to my partner which is what made it so awkward.
I have told him not to go any further and have a real tiler coming tomorrow to look at it.
So hopefully should be all sorted going forward, not without upsetting a few people though unfortunately.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's very, very poor. Little or no background preparation.
Setting out non-existent. Full tile into a corner, obviously assuming the walls are plumb which they never are. Tiled straight off bath edge.
And that's just the bits we can see.
Shouldnt matter about a full tile in corner, im guessing a shower curtain will be up so tyou won't see it anyway , win win ;)

F

Flintstone

If he's not upto the job he shouldn't really be taking it on! Does he do tiling for other customers outside the family circle ?

T

Time's Ran Out

It's like a lot of posts - the tiler is not a tiler but a friend/family - then the tiles are poor quality and it's the material at fault, no preparation just slap them on, then next it will be, but I've paid him in advance - what action should I take!
Come on people - get real - and check them out first!

F

Flintstone

these sort of tiles from diy outlets are often floor tiles sold as wall tiles or vice Versa

Reply to Is this job being done correctly in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks