Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Is this job being done correctly in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Hello,

I would not rush to blame the tiler. Or "tiler".
It depends on what you hired him for. And for how much you made the deal.

Different qualities has different prices and costs.
A good lying of tiles could take the double of time as a regular one. Consequently, must cost the duble.

But if you want to spend X money in a job, the tradesman will adapt at your budget, and might skip important steps, and I don't blame them.

1. Support looks awful. I don't know if you hired the tiler to tile or to take off old tiles and prepare the wall. So, if, for example deal a price of xx pounds by square meters, this price could not include leveling the wall. Even a good tiler could not make a great job on bad support, with bad tiles.

2. Tiles doesn't look to calibrated for me either. The same, you can not level the tiles if there are big differences between tem. You can play with, but not too much, especially if using small spacers ( of 2 mm, as I can appreciate)

So, first of all, you should give as the price that costed you this job, than I want see the opinions of the good tilers that commented here.

EDITED.....

Prices and bad language are not acceptable on this forum.

ADMIN.....

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
L

lunty

Once tiles have been stuck to a wall, it's basically tough luck. I work for a tile distributor and have worked for a few in my time and all terms and conditions state that no complaints will be entertained once the tiles have been fixed, pretty much standard practice across the tile industry.

As for the calibration comments. All tiles are manufactured to EN14411 standard. Therefore a 30x60 porcelain is allowed a tolerance of 0.5% across both the length and width. This equates to a 3mm difference across the length and 1.5mm across the width. Not ideal because this allows some of the not so good manufacturers to put all sorts in the boxes.

Reply to Is this job being done correctly in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock