Search the forum,

Discuss insulation boards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sortiling

hi all,could anybody help me out with this one?i have quoted on a 10 m2 sun lounge and the customer don't want to pay out for underfloor heating.will laying insulation boards on top of the concrete base which will be levelled with screed take away a bit of that coldness.thanks in advance for any inputsean :)

I

Ian

The only thing that will take away the coldness is heat, I think it would be a massive waste of money on it's own.

S

sortiling

The only thing that will take away the coldness is heat, I think it would be a massive waste of money on it's own.
just what i thought, i think he needs to fork out or put up with it.thanks

K

kaharrison9

There usually isnt a short cut to doing something correct.
I can see your thinking but if you want heat you really need ufh.
Wouldn't have thought it would have been to exspensive for 10m2
If totaly on cost maybe suggest a powerful 200 watt matt with no insulation matts to reduce the price though i would still try to sell them the benefit of boards

U

Uheat - Keith

We say a 200w/m2 mat system for this type of area for a heating system.
A 160w/m2 mat would be a warm floor system.
Both above if with insualation boards.
As kaharrison9 above says, could go for the 200w/m2 mat, but this would be a warm floor system, but in some cases can be a full heating system depending upon how well the dwelling is insulated & the heat loss figures for the area.

Reply to insulation boards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen