Search the forum,

Discuss Insulation Boards thickness in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

jimbo

TF
Reaction score
What are the advantages of 20mm boards against 10mm boards on top of concrete slab. Would the underfloor heating on top heat up any quicker or would the thicker board just prevent the heat from dispersing less

Tile Fix Direct

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
The thicker the insulation the more you insulate the floor from the cold slab. This will mean you will not need to turn the heating on as much, and when you do it will use less energy for a given room heat.

Reply to Insulation Boards thickness in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen