Search the forum,

Discuss Insulation board fixing method in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, whats the normal method of fixing jacko/wedi board to timber floors.

Ive used these boards a fair bit before but never on floors so im unsure on what way round to do it...

Do you set them with rapid set then add the fixings while the adhesives still wet or wait until its set and then add the fixings?

Im worried if you fix them straight away it will move the adhesive bed around underneath it?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Reaction score
If the floor is uneven, use the tile adhesive to level it out as you put the boards down.
Use rapid set but - wait until the addy has gone off before you screw down with washers and screws.

The adhesive is to give you a solid level base below the boards, not to ‘fix’ them.
The screws are to fix them.

Reply to Insulation board fixing method in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello everyone, Im a plumber who also fits bathrooms and kitchens, thats the tiling part! Based...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen