Search the forum,

Discuss Im going to new-york in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

New York
Best Tile
33 McKinley St.
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590-2303
845-298-0190

Get your self some Knee Blades :thumbsup: :lol:

U

user123

Never been but really pleased for you!!! :hurray: What a great gift!! Have a fabulous time! I'll be in Germany then, with netbook so we'll meet here again then, shall we?? :lol:

R

Rob Z

Hi Gooner,

NYC is about 5-6 hours for me so I don't go there very often.

One thing I did in NYC that I really enjoyed was go to the top of the Empire State Building. :thumbsup: I don't remember what the tickets cost and we had to wait about an hour, but it was well worth it.

I also went to Sparks Steak House in Manhattan. That was a truly decadent meal and if you want a great steak that is one of many wonderful steak houses in NYC.

I have several customers and friends that grew up in NYC. My wife grew up in NJ (in Sopranos country), and her siblings all have lived and worked in NYC and can pass on good info.

Because NYC is so big, it would be best to email me your itinerary and where you are staying, and all these folks will be happy to let me know what I can pass on to you for recs for things to see and places to visit.:thumbsup:

Happy to help mate. I hope you enjoy your visit to the US. Will you be traveling anywhere other than NYC on this trip?

T

Time's Ran Out

Gooner - My wife tells me that you should go to the Rockerfella Center and go up to the viewing platform there - apparently there is little/no queing for the lifts which in themselves are worth a visit - however you still have to pay!
I'am also advised that the best way to visit the Statue of Liberty is by the ferry for photographs!
PB070293.JPG

G

grumpygrouter

Have a great time Gooner, just a word of warning.....food is hugely expensive, wherever you go but there are some good places to eat. Angels is good for italian on the eastside of Midtown, around about 50th street if I recall.:thumbsup: Oh! and Smith and Wolensky for steaks!!

S

Spud

go ice skating in central park and definately go to Grand central as pete suggested, try out" Dean and Deluca" good coffee shop, night life is good around greenwich village shopping best around soho or big department stores ,last time i went i bought a copy of Time Out which is now memorobilia of my trip, another tip wear comfortable shoes because there is so much to see all you do is walk and walk ,brilliant place to visit. good luck :thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

Any chance of getting a New-York based sponsor for TF? That way they can offer a trip to see them as a JOTM prize. I'm getting slightly jealous of Gooners trip now, maybe I can go as hand luggage:ninja:

Reply to Im going to new-york in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen