Search the forum,

Discuss Im going to new-york in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

next friday for a week's holiday with mrs gooner 66 ,it was my 50th b-day press ,looking forward to it now any recomendation's on where to go/see/eat any good tip's to stop me getting ripped off??????

smiley4173.gif

P

Perry

lots of micro brewery's great beer try them walk down the Broadway with times square
behind you a little way down on the left is a café bakery bit scruffy but a good breakfast don't forget the pancakes with it also go to grand Central unbelievable use the underground get an all day ticket its quite safe have a great time get a show in in times square theirs a both that sells cheap tickets the best place

C

Colour Republic

Never been but heard great things so must go on my 'To Do' list:thumbsup:

Have a great time:prrr::prrr::prrr:

Can you do me a favour while you're there? Go to - The D&D Building,979 Third Avenue, go up to the 11th floor and you'll find Stark Carpets... can you kick all of them in the shins for me:thumbsup: Just had massive problems with one of their products.

Can't let you go to New York without putting a hit on someone:lol:

R

Rob Z

Hi Gooner,

NYC is about 5-6 hours for me so I don't go there very often.

One thing I did in NYC that I really enjoyed was go to the top of the Empire State Building. :thumbsup: I don't remember what the tickets cost and we had to wait about an hour, but it was well worth it.

I also went to Sparks Steak House in Manhattan. That was a truly decadent meal and if you want a great steak that is one of many wonderful steak houses in NYC.

I have several customers and friends that grew up in NYC. My wife grew up in NJ (in Sopranos country), and her siblings all have lived and worked in NYC and can pass on good info.

Because NYC is so big, it would be best to email me your itinerary and where you are staying, and all these folks will be happy to let me know what I can pass on to you for recs for things to see and places to visit.:thumbsup:

Happy to help mate. I hope you enjoy your visit to the US. Will you be traveling anywhere other than NYC on this trip?

S

Spud

go ice skating in central park and definately go to Grand central as pete suggested, try out" Dean and Deluca" good coffee shop, night life is good around greenwich village shopping best around soho or big department stores ,last time i went i bought a copy of Time Out which is now memorobilia of my trip, another tip wear comfortable shoes because there is so much to see all you do is walk and walk ,brilliant place to visit. good luck :thumbsup:

M

Mike

I been twice and would love to go again sometime. if you're planning on a relaxing break, forget it! too much going on! you'll need a break to recover when you get home! go to the empire state building early in the morning to avoid the massive queues and try bubba gumps seafood restaurant in times square, real good. I was told prior to going that drinks were cheap, but i found it quite the opposite ! have fun, i'm sure you will :thumbsup:

Reply to Im going to new-york in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.