Search the forum,

Discuss Im going to new-york in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Gooner - My wife tells me that you should go to the Rockerfella Center and go up to the viewing platform there - apparently there is little/no queing for the lifts which in themselves are worth a visit - however you still have to pay!
I'am also advised that the best way to visit the Statue of Liberty is by the ferry for photographs!
PB070293.JPG

G

grumpygrouter

Have a great time Gooner, just a word of warning.....food is hugely expensive, wherever you go but there are some good places to eat. Angels is good for italian on the eastside of Midtown, around about 50th street if I recall.:thumbsup: Oh! and Smith and Wolensky for steaks!!

S

Spud

go ice skating in central park and definately go to Grand central as pete suggested, try out" Dean and Deluca" good coffee shop, night life is good around greenwich village shopping best around soho or big department stores ,last time i went i bought a copy of Time Out which is now memorobilia of my trip, another tip wear comfortable shoes because there is so much to see all you do is walk and walk ,brilliant place to visit. good luck :thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

Any chance of getting a New-York based sponsor for TF? That way they can offer a trip to see them as a JOTM prize. I'm getting slightly jealous of Gooners trip now, maybe I can go as hand luggage:ninja:

D

diamondtiling

New York is next on my list........when I get some money in, April sounds about right for my 44th, have a great time Dave.

M

Mike

I been twice and would love to go again sometime. if you're planning on a relaxing break, forget it! too much going on! you'll need a break to recover when you get home! go to the empire state building early in the morning to avoid the massive queues and try bubba gumps seafood restaurant in times square, real good. I was told prior to going that drinks were cheap, but i found it quite the opposite ! have fun, i'm sure you will :thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

as a mark of respect, I'd visit Ground Zero, maybe not what you'd like to do, but I'd do it.

Reply to Im going to new-york in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen