Search the forum,

Discuss How to use a trowel on top of a tanking membrane in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

aenaos

-
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a DIYer with a week's training how to tile. I am about to tile my shower. I plan to use a tanking kit first such as the MAPEI one. My question however is, would the trowel scratch the surface of the cured membrane, causing a breach and negating any waterproofing done?

Tiberiu

TF
Reaction score
Don't worry about scratching the waterproofing paint. Just don't apply to much pressure when you trowel the adhesive. The paint is strong enough to withstand the normal trowel pressure.

Reply to How to use a trowel on top of a tanking membrane in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen