Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss How to get the best result at cutting tile trims round corners in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Alyn2511

How do I cut the plastic and metal trims around corners and the 3 way joints. I cut them with a hand cutter at the prefix 45 degree angle but they always look pants! Same issue with the 3 way joint. Any help would be appreciated guys

Thanks

P

PuPPeT

ive always used a mitre block and has always looked good but you can buy internal and external blocks for trims but in my experience they look rubbish.cant beat a mitre block.you can also by some snip type cutters for trims.wat do u mean by a 3 way joint????

afright

TF
Reaction score
Hi Dave used to do a three way mitre years back but just do a normal mitre now the three way is a bit tricky to get perfect.

R

Rookery

The trim cutter I've got tends to squash plastic trim so I always use a mitre block and hacksaw. Some of the pre-formed corners I've used dont fit that well and aren't always the exact same colour as the lengths.

C

charlie1

I think some trims are harder to get perfect...homelux , while others are really good... Genesis!

G

GoneGuy

Hi, I'm trying to find a quick neat and precise way of cutting mitres on metal trims. I'm thinking of investing in this cutter to do the job unless anybody has any better suggestions, feedback would be appreciated. Cheers Dave.
Sealey SM150D 230V 150mm Portable Saw - Power Tools, Disc Cutters, Electric - https://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-397020/sealey-sm150d.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr8GXhKCK1wIVp5PtCh2nAgsCEAQYAyABEgLfBfD_BwE
Hi Dave, I’m sure one of the guys who use a similar cutter will drop by and give you some info.
I still use a mitre block for cutting all my trimsGenesis Premium Versatile Mitre Block - https://www.tilefixdirect.com/product/GTN900MB?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxJSsztOK1wIVFuAbCh1Ntgd7EAQYASABEgLO5_D_BwE

Although I’m looking to either get a quansol mitre block or a similar cutter which you just posted.

O

One Day

Reply to How to get the best result at cutting tile trims round corners in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks