Currently reading:
How to avoid chipping tiles?

Discuss How to avoid chipping tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

JDX

Sorry if I offended you, am I a tiler? Well, I suppose that depends on your definition. Do I work for other people on a daily basis & get paid directly for my work, no! (Nobody would pay me at my speed :smilewinkgrin: ). Have I experience? Yes. I have been tiling sporadically for 15 years plus. I eventually get paid, indirectly, when the property is finished but I'm a property refurbisher first and I suppose the title "amateur tiler" falls within the many skills I have. I am making envelope cuts for a showertray and the largish tiles are making it difficult because they won't fit on my small tabled cutter.

I

Ian

Ahh jolly good! I've attached a couple of pics to show an example of how I do envelope cuts. 1st work out where you need the cuts and score them with a dry cutter, 2nd cut with a grinder or wet saw (I find a grinder to be the most accurate), a good blade is very important to avoid the chipping, 3rd stick 'em down!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373467368.493079.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373467397.480332.jpg

P

Perry

Sorry if I offended you, am I a tiler? Well, I suppose that depends on your definition. Do I work for other people on a daily basis & get paid directly for my work, no! (Nobody would pay me at my speed :smilewinkgrin: ). Have I experience? Yes. I have been tiling sporadically for 15 years plus. I eventually get paid, indirectly, when the property is finished but I'm a property refurbisher first and I suppose the title "amateur tiler" falls within the many skills I have. I am making envelope cuts for a showertray and the largish tiles are making it difficult because they won't fit on my small tabled cutter.
No mate never get offended just a question i now see what you are at :8:so you need a bigger cutter or a good wet saw and blade

Reply to How to avoid chipping tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement