Currently reading:
How to avoid chipping tiles?

Discuss How to avoid chipping tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

JDX

Sorry if I offended you, am I a tiler? Well, I suppose that depends on your definition. Do I work for other people on a daily basis & get paid directly for my work, no! (Nobody would pay me at my speed :smilewinkgrin: ). Have I experience? Yes. I have been tiling sporadically for 15 years plus. I eventually get paid, indirectly, when the property is finished but I'm a property refurbisher first and I suppose the title "amateur tiler" falls within the many skills I have. I am making envelope cuts for a showertray and the largish tiles are making it difficult because they won't fit on my small tabled cutter.

I

Ian

Ahh jolly good! I've attached a couple of pics to show an example of how I do envelope cuts. 1st work out where you need the cuts and score them with a dry cutter, 2nd cut with a grinder or wet saw (I find a grinder to be the most accurate), a good blade is very important to avoid the chipping, 3rd stick 'em down!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373467368.493079.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373467397.480332.jpg

P

Perry

Sorry if I offended you, am I a tiler? Well, I suppose that depends on your definition. Do I work for other people on a daily basis & get paid directly for my work, no! (Nobody would pay me at my speed :smilewinkgrin: ). Have I experience? Yes. I have been tiling sporadically for 15 years plus. I eventually get paid, indirectly, when the property is finished but I'm a property refurbisher first and I suppose the title "amateur tiler" falls within the many skills I have. I am making envelope cuts for a showertray and the largish tiles are making it difficult because they won't fit on my small tabled cutter.
No mate never get offended just a question i now see what you are at :8:so you need a bigger cutter or a good wet saw and blade

Reply to How to avoid chipping tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement