Search the forum,

Discuss How long does primer take to dry? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I always prime ply, even when I'm using Mapei Keraquick with latex plus. Can never be to carefull.:thumbsup:

G

garrybibson

Thanks diamond.

I have just put the second layer of ply down and i must say feel a lot better about the whole thing (i am glad you asked how thick my ply was because i am happy to admit i was in denial about it earlier), going to start putting the tiles down in the morning.

Just one more thing, any idea how long i need to leave the adhesive before i can put the toilet and basin on them? the plumber is round tomorrow night to take the toilet out and i want to know when will be safe to put it back in... all it says on the adhesive packet is you can grout after 3 hours.

D

diamondtiling

Hi Barry, your starting to lay the tiles in the morning but the plumber is coming tomorrow night to take the loo out?
When the grout is completely dry you can fit the loo and sink.

:thumbsup:

G

garrybibson

sorry i am doing the bathroom tomorrow morning... but i can not do the toilet until the plumber removes the toilet (i have separate bathroom and toilet).

Ok, my grout says "sets in 24 hours" (BAL superflex widejoint), so we are saying i can not put the toilet back until I have

tiled, wait 3 hours,
then grout, wait 24 hours

then put toilet back on. correct?

D

diamondtiling

So as Dave has said Barry, fix your tiles, they will set in about 3 hours at normal room temperature, if its colder then they take longer, once set you can grout with mapei ultracolour which takes 3 hours and then fix the loo. So if the temperatures are right you could fix the loo 3 hours after grouting.

:thumbsup:

P

Peter

The grout will be well on its way to hardening in 3 hours no matter what it is - I wouldnt have any bother with setting the toilet in a few hours after you grout it.

Reply to How long does primer take to dry? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen