Search the forum,

Discuss HOW do these people call themselves professionals.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
More shocking discoveries on my slow bathroom "renovation" Why would you use flimsy steel studs in a bathroom? This to support sheathing, plasterboard and tile on top.... Is this right or should It have been timber studs? Should I replace these studs with wood. I will be using cement board 12mm and 30 x 10 tiles.

Any help appreciated guys.
20180308_085934.jpg

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
New build houses use them or 'prefabs' as I call them. Not really proper houses just a few bits of plasterboard hammered together with a £400,00 price tag.

They will probably say its a fire risk using wood, but they do it because its quick and cheap.

Reaction score
New build houses use them or 'prefabs' as I call them. Not really proper houses just a few bits of plasterboard hammered together with a £400,00 price tag.

They will probably say its a fire risk using wood, but they do it because its quick and cheap.
Then they would be idiots in saying that, because they use wood for the floor and ceiling joists all of which have wires and such ruining throughout So yep, just to cut costs...

F

Flintstone

I went to look at a job in a basement conversion a couple of weeks ago, wasn’t boarded at the time but they had used those metal
Studs, you could twist them and shake them easily.

T

Tommcd

It's called gypframe and I don't think there's any need to change the studwork at all unless it's been damaged in some way.

B

Blunt Tool

My house has galvanised steel frame partition walls, it’s just a quick way of building partition walls off site for kit houses. Still better than living in caves I suppose.

Reply to HOW do these people call themselves professionals.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen