Search the forum,

Discuss How Do I Remove Stains? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lincolntiler

Hi everyone, I've just laid a light grey matt polished porcelain floor for a customer and was daft enough to use charcoal grout (never again!!!!). Some of the tiles have 'grubby' marks on them as if the muck went through the sealer (I sealed them with the right stuff the night before laying). I've asked Darren at NETT and he suggested asking you guys for any advice on how I can get rid of the marks and what the hell did I do wrong? Any ideas?

R

robbo

you could try this

2064_Stain%20Away.JPG
Lithofin Stain-away
Special Remover
Disolves Hardened Wax Layers, Sealants, Stubborn Oil Stains And Grease Residues, Coats Of Paint And Lacquer, etc.

Coverage: ca.4m²/500ml

Lithofin Stain-Away May Be Used With All Varieties Of Stone, Wood And Metal. It Is Particularly Well Suited For Removal Of Stains Even From Porous Materials Such As Honed Limestone, Marble etc.

but before you use it make sure you test it out on a small piece first...

some one else many have a different idea, so stay tuned........

T

TilingLogistics

The muck should not have got past the penetrating sealer. Try grout haze clean up backed up with nanoscrub:thumbsup:

Kev

W

wetdec

You can try as the guys have said but if you have shaddowing then its IN and you have to drag it back out..........will take more than a cleaner.

tiler

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TilingLogistics

Thats why I suggested Nanoscrub and if that doesn't work you could try a poultice

Kev

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Had the same happen to me a couple of years ago.

Customer was sold Polished Porcelain.........black/white chequer pattern she wanted.

Anyway.....Topps sold her the Porcelain sealer. So I laid them. Sealed them (Two thin coats)

And she wanted black grout.

Stained all the white tiles...........and it would not come out.

She was going daft at Topps manager...(not blaming me at all) because its wot they had recommended. It went on for months. Talk of Topps paying ME to rip up and do again.

Last I heard they had moved house instead :)

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
I cant understand why the sealer didnt work if you have done it correctly and left it for the right amount of time, i think you will have a job on your hands to get it back looking as new, If you bought the sealer from the tile shop and followed the instructions go back to the tile shop and complain and see what they say

L

lincolntiler

Thanks to all of you for that!! I'm back on Friday so I'll let you know. Thanks CJ - ("Rip it up and start again!!" PMSL!). I won't be using '4-sponge grout' again in a hurry anyhow. Later guys......

Reply to How Do I Remove Stains? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen