Search the forum,

Discuss how do i mitre skirts? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

everton121

hi all just doing a job in house i need to miter skirts around the tiled floor i only have a vitrex 560 pro wet cutter can i use this and how?the skirts will be 100 mill high do i just do the external corners and leave the internal ones?any ideas lads? ta

D

diamondtiling

If you are going to mitre them then it will look better if you do both internal and external. Are they profiled or plain skirts?

G

Gazzer

If the cutter bed doesnt tilt then make a 45 degree block of wood and use it as a jig.

B

brinkley

ok draw a line square up where you want the mitre to be be and cut if your cutter cuts clean enough with no chips cut both mitres first so you have a nice fit then cut the straight edge after to fit the next tile good luck and take your time to get it perfet

C

cornish_crofter

With all mitred joints you'll find that you'll inevitably come accross a corner that's not 90°.

If that is the case then you'll need to recut the tiles in question, perhaps a degree at a time to get the perfect mitre.

Reply to how do i mitre skirts? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen