Search the forum,

Discuss Hole in middle of tile for socket in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mattt

Hey is cutting a hole in the middle of the tile for a socket. To thread the socket through the tile do you usually have to un-wire the socket with the hole in the tile being smaller than the socket.

W

White Room

Depends on the how much wire there is, if they have been cut short then disconnecting would have to be an option but do the fuse box first.

Doggit

TF
Reaction score
Assuming the electricians have done the job properly, and working on the basis that it's a ring main circuit with 2 wires in the back of the socket, then there's no way you'll get the faceplate through the hole in the tile. Cut the hole in the tile to the size of the backplate, take the socket off the wall, fit the tile, grout, then refit the socket. Job done

S

Stef

Assuming the electricians have done the job properly, and working on the basis that it's a ring main circuit with 2 wires in the back of the socket, then there's no way you'll get the faceplate through the hole in the tile. Cut the hole in the tile to the size of the backplate, take the socket off the wall, fit the tile, grout, then refit the socket. Job done

Eh??
If you mark & cut the tile spot on then the socket will fit easily through the cut out on its side.
It's not a problem if your good at your work.

D

Dougs Third Go

wrong pal, done easy if the wires are long enough. Done it hundreds of times without removing socket face, not a debate on my behalf, just a fact.

Reply to Hole in middle of tile for socket in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen