Search the forum,

Discuss Hi - new, and full of questions. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cools71

Hello all,

I am considering becoming a tiler. I have been developing propertys but want to take a rest from that for a while, its every bit as hard as people say - and then some!

So in short:

What do I require to become a tiler? I have investigated courses, and found one I would like to attend. However I am in a minefield about qualifications, do I need an nvq to be a tiler? I have done several kitchens in ceramics, and a couple of bathrooms in porcelain. So I can lay tiles, and I am pretty confident in my skills, but I want to take the course anyway, so I have as much knowledge as possible. The course is at North East Tiler Training in South Sheilds, Tyne and Wear. Does anyone know them, and are they a good outfit?

I am also interested in getting out and about and doing some site work. Will I need a nvq for that? I know I will need a CSCS card. So if anyone has some of this information I would be very grateful indeed, or even a Newbie link of some sort with a section on most asked questions or something. I have had a good scan about, but dont seem to be able to get good answers to basic questions, maybe I am just going about it the wrong way:sad_smile: .

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post.

cools71

C

Cools71

Thanks man, I had a look after I posted this and found what you suggested already. Now I am familiar with the site all is more obvious.

B

brian c

HI cools ,i did the NETT course and i enjoyed it,fast paced but full of info.You sound as if you would sail through the course m8,this begging the question WHY YOU WANT TO DO IT?Why dont you just get familliar on here because it will help you become more knowledgeable and then you can make your own mind up if you really need to do a course or should you wait until the NVQ becomes the PRE-REQUISITE to become a tiler????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????This is what you need to ask yourself,this is my opinion btw.BRI:)

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS BUD.

G

GazTech

HI cools ,i did the NETT course and i enjoyed it,fast paced but full of info.You sound as if you would sail through the course m8,this begging the question WHY YOU WANT TO DO IT?Why dont you just get familliar on here because it will help you become more knowledgeable and then you can make your own mind up if you really need to do a course or should you wait until the NVQ becomes the PRE-REQUISITE to become a tiler????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????This is what you need to ask yourself,this is my opinion btw.BRI:)

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS BUD.
Think you may have missed a question mark there Bri! look out Wivers is on the prowl
icon12.gif

Reply to Hi - new, and full of questions. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen