Discuss Help with first bathroom wall tiling job in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mike2020

Hello,

Nice to be on this forum, I am trying to tile my bathroom wall as the builders only did about a fifth of it when it was built (house built 3 year ago) and I was wondering if I could get some advice.

The existing tiles is a Porcelanosa bali nieve 20x31.6. what is the best adhesive to use for this, can I just use general adhesive like the Wicks own brand?

cheers

Mike

Q

Qwerty

What is the surface of the wall made of that you are tiling?

I would steer clear of any DIY shed own brands and go with a bagged cement adhesive from the likes of Mapei, Tilemaster, BAL, Weber or Bostik.

Have you considered contacting a reputable tiler, or advertising the job on here?

M

mike2020

What is the surface of the wall made of that you are tiling?

I would steer clear of any DIY shed own brands and go with a bagged cement adhesive from the likes of Mapei, Tilemaster, BAL, Weber or Bostik.

Have you considered contacting a reputable tiler, or advertising the job on here?

hi,

It is a plasterboard, yes i was looking at the the Bal on Topps tiles Bal Green Star 15kg | Topps Tiles - http://www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod2927/bal-green-star-15kg.html.

it is for a small area, like i said in my previous post there already tiles on the wall, just looking to add a few more to it.

D

Dumbo

As @Plan Tec Tiling said a cement based bagged adhesive is best but to be fair I expect your existing tiles have been put on using a ready mix but bal green star is not a very nice adhesive to use it is cheap . If you really want to use ready mix probably better of spending more money on something like bal whitestar if you are going to stick with topps tiles .

G

GoneGuy

Could you post some pictures of the job to help us understand better? Will be easier for some of us to give advice

M

mike2020

Hello,

thanks for all your reply. @Plan Tec Tiling the wall is painted @jcrtiling am not really fixed on using topp tiles i just got suggested that, so what ever is the best option i am open minded. I will also like to mention that in future we could be putting a power shower in there. i have attached some pics hope they help.

DSC_0077.JPG DSC_0081.JPG

Q

Qwerty

Remove paint from the walls to be tiled.
Prime walls with acrylic primer.
Fix new tiles to walls using a standard setting bagged cement adhesive.
Grout with a bagged cement based grout.

Reply to Help with first bathroom wall tiling job in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks