Search the forum,

Discuss Help !!! Split face slate tiles with gaps! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Oaks

Hi My tiler has just put some split face slate tiles on a feature wall and the customer is complaining that there are gaps between the tiles. I understand it is a natural product and uneven but was wondering if anybody knew of any work around ??? I understand they can't be grouted ? Help !!

O

Oaks

Sorry no pics customer had just rang me. The tiles are supplied from tile giant. They are interlocked and an uneven face. Just need some thoughts/solutions to give her. Don't want to brush her off as the rest of the bathroom is perfect and it's a shame to let it ruin the job/reputation. My tiler always does fantastic work and have never had any other concerns or callbacks.

S

Stef

I've fitted a few m2 of tile giant split faced & never had a problem with them.
You will get the odd gap but this is to be expected.
Mixup some grout or adhesive as close to the colour as possible & this will help hide it.
Or try & grind up some off cuts, fill gaps with clear silicone & fling the dust onto silicone.

O

Oaks

Apologies I know it's hard to comment on something that you can't see !! I haven't seen it yet as the tiler has only finished today and the customer only rang me tonight when they saw it. Just need get it straight in my head before I see the customer in the morning !

T

Taylormade

My tiler always does fantastic work and have never had any other concerns or callbacks.[/QUOvTE]
If your happy with your tiler as stated point this out to the customer if you are happy with what you see in the morning. Negotiate from a position of strength but pics woul still help!

Reply to Help !!! Split face slate tiles with gaps! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen