Search the forum,

Discuss Help - Porcelain tile pourous and adhering dirt - tile shop not taking responsibility in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Re: Help - Porcelain tile pourous and adhering dirt - tile shop not taking responsibi

ok toddy, i have personally never come across this with porcelain however matte porcelins need sealing

this is my veiw on it,if the sealer is absorbed very quickly as you said it has it may well be the case it simply needs more

if you dont give it enough sealer it will absorb the next best thing........wet dirt from your dogs paws

do you have a spare tile? if so seal it...see how long it takes to absorb ..let dry and seal again later and do this till it wont take any more...if you have to seal it twice or god forbid 3 times there is your answer imo you havent given it enough in the 1st place hence its absorbing dirt so you will then re strip the lot and re grout it and seal accoerdingly

D

doug boardley

Re: Help - Porcelain tile pourous and adhering dirt - tile shop not taking responsibi

happytoddy, while we are willing to help with your tile queries, you have to remember that we are tilers and not lawyers. If you wish to see this go through the legal system I suggest you get a solicitor onto it,
Can you show us some pics of the floor with the leftover tile next to it for comparison?

J

jay

think we need pics as its a bit confusing maybe a run down of the laying

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score

Didn't you post pics somewhere already ????

Last edited:
J

jay

now im confused

all i can work out is the sealer is not enough or has been installed wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

Hmmmm those joints dont look like Jasmine to me. I have used lots of Jasmine grout and never had an issue like this.
How are you cleaning your floor and what with ?

D

diamondtiling

Hmmmm those joints dont look like Jasmine to me. I have used lots of Jasmine grout and never had an issue like this.
How are you cleaning your floor and what with ?

My thoughts as well Neale, was the tile face covered with grout when the grouting was done because it sure looks like grout in those holes and if so will be difficult to remove.

Reply to Help - Porcelain tile pourous and adhering dirt - tile shop not taking responsibility in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen