Search the forum,

Discuss Hardened grout removal in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H573

TF
Reaction score
I’ve been asked to clean up a bodged grout job.
The floor is large approximately 135m2 so the customer doesn’t want it all raking out and regrouting( in some places I’ll have to) what’s the best way to clean hardened grout of tiles ( see a few example pictures of what I’m dealing with generally)

7F55E0D1-9C8A-45A1-8CC2-D64D8016130B.jpeg

D88EAA7F-0EF2-4563-8B49-83B9F9922178.jpeg

D

Dumbo

Try an acid based product but test it in an inconspicuous area first , to be honest looking at the picture looks like grout cracked next to tiles indicating loose tiles .

H573

TF
Reaction score
Try an acid based product but test it in an inconspicuous area first , to be honest looking at the picture looks like grout cracked next to tiles indicating loose tiles .
Cheers Jcr, much appreciated. Just seen the job today, it’s a right mess. Thought so re the loose tiles. There’s hollow sounding tiles everywhere too.
[automerge]1563376968[/automerge]
Looks old too. As above, acid based cleaner.
Thanks Pdc, I’ll see if I can find one here.

J

Just Rizzle

id walk from that night mare it will not be worth it more hassle than its worth its a pigs ear and you cant put lipstick on a pig believe me

Reply to Hardened grout removal in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen