Currently reading:
Hardened grout removal

Search the forum,

Discuss Hardened grout removal in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I’ve been asked to clean up a bodged grout job.
The floor is large approximately 135m2 so the customer doesn’t want it all raking out and regrouting( in some places I’ll have to) what’s the best way to clean hardened grout of tiles ( see a few example pictures of what I’m dealing with generally)

7F55E0D1-9C8A-45A1-8CC2-D64D8016130B.jpeg

D88EAA7F-0EF2-4563-8B49-83B9F9922178.jpeg

Try an acid based product but test it in an inconspicuous area first , to be honest looking at the picture looks like grout cracked next to tiles indicating loose tiles .
Cheers Jcr, much appreciated. Just seen the job today, it’s a right mess. Thought so re the loose tiles. There’s hollow sounding tiles everywhere too.
[automerge]1563376968[/automerge]
Looks old too. As above, acid based cleaner.
Thanks Pdc, I’ll see if I can find one here.

Reply to Hardened grout removal in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The saga of my hollow floor 50sqm continues. All tiles now lifted but there is adhesive around the edges of most tiles (800x800) and a small amount on the back. Whats the best method of cleaning...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement