Search the forum,

Discuss Hands Up,who Got There Cscs Cards From Here? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Jesus Ash, Health and Safety doesn't just consist if the questions you had on your exam.
Still your responsibility to know the answers to all the other possible questions.

C

Colour Republic

Who learned cpr at cscs card test cuz i certainly didnt mate. Im all for learning health and safety guys i am all for it. Hardly any of the questions in my cscs test related to health and safety it was stuff inwould never come accross

How can you be all for it when people you are potentially working alongside are unsafe and a danger to YOU?

You say above "fairplay to the bloke for helping people out getting work", just cast your memory back a year. Do you remember when you couldn't get any work and no one was willing to give you a chance to train? Did you say you worked 1 month out of the year was it? Just have a guess at one of the reasons for that Ash. CSCS cards where designed not only to make site safety better but also to try and stop unskilled labour on to sites, not least when years back we had a massive influx of cheap foreign labour. So all that struggle you went through and yet a foreigner can leap frog you and take a potential job because he has a bit of spare cash. It gets worse because some of these test centers aren't just handing out basic cards but give them enough money and they will give you a skilled card and even supervisor cards. Yeah fair play to the bloke:rolleyes:

G

Gazzer

How can you be all for it when people you are potentially working alongside are unsafe and a danger to YOU?

You say above "fairplay to the bloke for helping people out getting work", just cast your memory back a year. Do you remember when you couldn't get any work and no one was willing to give you a chance to train? Did you say you worked 1 month out of the year was it? Just have a guess at one of the reasons for that Ash. CSCS cards where designed not only to make site safety better but also to try and stop unskilled labour on to sites, not least when years back we had a massive influx of cheap foreign labour. So all that struggle you went through and yet a foreigner can leap frog you and take a potential job because he has a bit of spare cash. It gets worse because some of these test centers aren't just handing out basic cards but give them enough money and they will give you a skilled card and even supervisor cards. Yeah fair play to the bloke:rolleyes:
Can I like this post 1000 times ? And can I give a big :thumbsdown:to Mr Tiler ?

M

Mr Tiler

Sorry guys i didnt realise the cscs was such a big deal, shouldnt it be more in depth in the aspect of health and safety though? When i took the test a couple of years ago the only real safety questions i can remember was which fire extinguisher to use in an emergancy for what sort of fire, all the others seemed irrelevant

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Sorry guys i didnt realise the cscs was such a big deal, shouldnt it be more in depth in the aspect of health and safety though? When i took the test a couple of years ago the only real safety questions i can remember was which fire extinguisher to use in an emergancy for what sort of fire, all the others seemed irrelevant

It's all health and safety based, whether you realise it or not !

O

On one

Honestly,if anyone needs a hand doing a basic health and safety you HAVE got to be worried.
I reapplied for my CSCS card last November after letting it lapse for about 5yrs,
I read the book ,(it's not that hard is it?,for christ sake they even give you the answers underneath the questions.) took the test and away you go!

S

stephenoneill

Poor old mr tiler lands himself in it again.naivety on his part. Dont forget that your a debutant in the tilingworld.well loved here on the forum and well earned the hard way.but leave the advice to the professionals because your still learning yourself.in my opinion your a tiler after 5 or 6 years of work and we never stop learning.

Reply to Hands Up,who Got There Cscs Cards From Here? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen