Search the forum,

Discuss Handmade English Terracotta in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hmtiling

Here are the pics.
Many thanks
P1010769 (Medium).JPG
P1010770 (Medium).JPG
P1010772 (Medium).JPG

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
What a shame, the water may have whitened the sealer coat before fully cured, we could try one tile ,one coat of sealer and let dry this sometimes will fix this or strip back , dry several days or until fully dry then re impregnate and top coats.
This was definatly water drips from the lady cleaning windows ? Did she use a cleaner, some glass cleaners contain vinegar .

H

hmtiling

Yeah, doesn't look great. It was fine after first coat and I asked them not to use the room until the next day. I'm wondering what they've washed the windows with. I'll find that out asap.
Is it time consuming stripping the sealant off?

H

hmtiling

What a shame, the water may have whitened the sealer coat before fully cured, we could try one tile ,one coat of sealer and let dry this sometimes will fix this or strip back , dry several days or until fully dry then re impregnate and top coats.
This was definatly water drips from the lady cleaning windows ? Did she use a cleaner, some glass cleaners contain vinegar .
Yes, definitely from cleaning the windows. It's only on the parts of the floor she got wet. I've just text her to see what she used to clean the windows.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
No should be fairly straight forward we can try to just strip contaminated tiles, would try the top up coat first on one tile, sometimes they just blemish, most important bit is the drying time , I would leave 7 days for me, then re seal impregnator and then top coats, re pain for you after lovely job.
How many top coats went on ?

Reply to Handmade English Terracotta in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen