Search the forum,

Discuss H&R Johnsons Adhesives tile adhesives for the trade in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Johnson's Ahdesives

H&R Johnsons Tiles of Stoke now make their own 'trade' adhesives. Anybody used them?

T

toots tiling

Re: Johnson's Ahdesives

I hav eused a couple of their products not bad seems as they are new to this game, Still no where near as good as BAL.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

H&R Johnsons used to own Norcros, they are far from new to the game. They've been very close to Norcros (BAL and Dunlop) ever since and I think now they have taken the name Norcros back or something? (I think they had to wait for years before they can trade under the name, and now's their chance). They may not at the moment be touching BAL's rep and quality but I have a good feeling about them.

M

Mandy Searle

As Head of Technical Services for Norcros Adhesives I am able to provide some background information regarding our company.

The Norcros Group, which also owns H&R Johnson Tiles & Triton Showers in the U.K were owners of Building Adhesives Ltd (BAL & Dunlop) up until 2001 when they sold the company to Ardex.

A condition of the sale was that Norcros was excluded from the U.K tile adhesive market for a period of 3 years. That exclusion expired at the end of 2004 and over the course of the past 18 months myself and a group of my former colleagues have returned to Norcros and established a new tile adhesive company. Between us we have many years experience in the tile adhesives business.

We commenced trading in August last year and I am pleased to say that business is good, our products being used on projects such as several Ferrari Garages in the U.K, Catterick Garrison, Colchester Barracks & Dubai International airport.

We are currently trading under 2 brands, namely Norcros and Johnson Professional.

Our head office contacts are:

Technical helpline: 0870 609 2851
Sales: 01782 524 140
E-mail: [email protected]
Website (currently under construction): [DLMURL]http://www.norcros-adhesives.com[/DLMURL]

View attachment 61315

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Excellent, thank you so much for that information. That's cleared things up for me at least :D

S

Smiths

Mandy Searle said:
As Head of Technical Services for Norcros Adhesives I am able to provide some background information regarding our company.

The Norcros Group, which also owns H&R Johnson Tiles & Triton Showers in the U.K were owners of Building Adhesives Ltd (BAL & Dunlop) up until 2001 when they sold the company to Ardex.

A condition of the sale was that Norcros was excluded from the U.K tile adhesive market for a period of 3 years. That exclusion expired at the end of 2004 and over the course of the past 18 months myself and a group of my former colleagues have returned to Norcros and established a new tile adhesive company. Between us we have many years experience in the tile adhesives business.

We commenced trading in August last year and I am pleased to say that business is good, our products being used on projects such as several Ferrari Garages in the U.K, Catterick Garrison, Colchester Barracks & Dubai International airport.

We are currently trading under 2 brands, namely Norcros and Johnson Professional.

Our head office contacts are:

Technical helpline: 0870 609 2851
Sales: 01782 524 140
E-mail: [email protected]
Website (currently under construction): [DLMURL]http://www.norcros-adhesives.com[/DLMURL]
It's been under construction for ages...get a move on. By the way, you're expensive, too.:p

View attachment 61330

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

But their adhesives are goooooood! Plus their factory is about half a mile away from where I live :D

M

Mandy Searle

:) The Norcros Adhesives website is now up and running. The website address is:
[DLMURL="http://www.norcros-adhesives.com"]Norcros Adhesives[/DLMURL].

The website provides information on both the Johnson & Norcros product ranges, including product data and msds sheets.

Hope you like it. :)

View attachment 61849

M

Mandy Searle

The whole range of Johnson Professional products are available from the H&R Johnson factory shop in Harewood Street, Tunstall.

Reply to H&R Johnsons Adhesives tile adhesives for the trade in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen