Search the forum,

Discuss Gypsum based adhesives in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

Yep, he's the only guy who does them where i am. His screeds are great i.e. flat but his advice is not!
Also very good for laying engineered wood on as well .
I'm hoping you haven't been following his advice though mate
I always give the floor a quick rub with a stone . Then prime with 2 coats sbr. Not had a failure yet . My floor in my house has been down for several years now with no loose sounding tiles or any cracked grout .

H

hmtiling

What's your prep .
Light sand as not much laitence but still a little, commission heating if any, test with hygrometer and tile with gypsum adhesive. I'll suggest decoupling on every one as these screeds do crack but will still tile them without if not stone.

D

Dumbo

I'm hoping you haven't been following his advice though mate
What's your prep .
Light sand as not much laitence but still a little, commission heating if any, test with hygrometer and tile with gypsum adhesive. I'll suggest decoupling on every one as these screeds do crack but will still tile them without if not stone.
To be honest always commission heating and yes test for moisture and yes also recommend decoupling but few like the extra expense.

D

Dumbo

Had a few customers that didn't like Tom's price . Had floor done by builder after his assurance it would be good then wish they paid the extra.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
not much alphahemi hydrate used in the UK anymore. I suspect it will die a death eventually due to the coal fired power stations being phased out.

D

Dumbo

not much alphahemi hydrate used in the UK anymore. I suspect it will die a death eventually due to the coal fired power stations being phased out.
This is a knauff product which I believe he imports from Belgium. What is relevance of coal powered fire station is their a by production it

Reply to Gypsum based adhesives in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen