Search the forum,

Discuss Grout sealant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

heffs

I have just finished tiling 50 sq.m of porcelain floor tiles and am about to start grouting. The tiles themselves do not need sealing (I've tried leaving water droplets for a while and no absorption), but the grout does. What do you guys use? And how long do you leave the grout to cure before sealing? The grout I'm using is Granfix Flexible.

Thanks for any advice.

Heffs

G

GazTech

I have just finished tiling 50 sq.m of porcelain floor tiles and am about to start grouting. The tiles themselves do not need sealing (I've tried leaving water droplets for a while and no absorption), but the grout does. What do you guys use? And how long do you leave the grout to cure before sealing? The grout I'm using is Granfix Flexible.

Thanks for any advice.

Heffs
3 days drying time is recommended before using a grout protector.....this one is very good.....Gaz

FILA GROUT PROTECTOR

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sWe

If you want the grout to be as cured as possible before sealing, you (or the customer) can go over the grout lines with a water spray a few times every day for two to three days. Doing that makes cement based grout tougher in the end.

C

clm

ok,sorry for the ignorance but have never used the grout protector before-can you tel me when and why its to be used,as im doing a porcelain floor in couple wks and hopefully not done any damage before cos of not using it.thanks

H

heffs

Thanks for your suggestion of Seal-Guard; I'll try it. Be great if I can apply same day as grouting as we've got two muddy dogs, and I was dreading them buggring it up as soon as I done it.

I'm in South East - anybody know who stocks it?

Heffs

D

DHTiling

here you go heffs mate...... this is sealguard contact details and they will let you know who stockists are....

UK Distributor - Products Unlimited
10 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick London, W4 4PH
Telephone: 44 (0)208 747 4548
Toll Free within UK : 0800 881 8323
FAX: 44 (0)208 747 4547
Email: [email protected]

H

heffs

Phoned them and got a result. Ususally the nearest stockist is in either Aberdeen or Cornwall. This time, our local tile shop (which also runs training courses) had it in stock - 2 miles away!

If it's as good as its supposed to be, I'll be very happy!

As always, thanks for all the advice: great forum!

Heffs

Reply to Grout sealant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen