Currently reading:
Grout sealant

Discuss Grout sealant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GazTech

I have just finished tiling 50 sq.m of porcelain floor tiles and am about to start grouting. The tiles themselves do not need sealing (I've tried leaving water droplets for a while and no absorption), but the grout does. What do you guys use? And how long do you leave the grout to cure before sealing? The grout I'm using is Granfix Flexible.

Thanks for any advice.

Heffs
3 days drying time is recommended before using a grout protector.....this one is very good.....Gaz

FILA GROUT PROTECTOR

Last edited by a moderator:
C

clm

hi heffs-how much did u pay?how far does it go?and how good is it?never used it myself and as your about to,if you dont mind,would like your oppinion.thanks
----
hi dave,do you mind explaining what grout you need and when(i.e..flexi or not,etc) and if you always need a grout sealant/protector or wen to use the sealguard-just floors and showers etc or everywhere?thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
H

heffs

clm,

Just picked up a 600ml aerosol for £34 Haven't used it yet as start grouting tomorrow, but will let you know coverage then. I tried it on an offcut of pale coloured procelain, and when it's dry, it is totally invisible as they claim, which is what I wanted as I only intend to spray the grout lines, and didn't want it to show on borders of tiles.

Beauty is you can spray 20 minutes after grouting and it's guaranteed not to affect curing time, so will get immediate protection.

Heffs

Reply to Grout sealant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.