Search the forum,

Discuss Grout removal in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Kevboy

TF
Reaction score
Has anybody used a Hyde grout removal tool? They look pretty good on you tube but sometimes tools can be made to look better than they actually are. I use a multitool when necessary but find the blade can damage the tile edges quite easily on a small grout gap.

W

White Room

It's not a major price, maybe worth a punt....I have a fein 110v and a Saxton 240v, the fein bits are a ridiculous price.

Bought a diamond bit once and I mean once for the Fein for a regrout job and it struggled.

What about grout colourant, maybe an easier option.

I

Ian

Don't waste your money on the vitrex, I have one and it's next to useless unless the old grout is falling out already. Also it won't touch wide joint sanded grouts.

J

jollyroger

I have been asked to remove and re-do grout many times over the years. Tried it once and never again. What you are doing is trying to cover up poor workmanship and you will almost certainly chip the edges of tiles. Wish you the best of luck.

Reply to Grout removal in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen