Search the forum,

Discuss Grout line thickness!?! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

Yupp, very true, especially for low to mid end rectified tiles. Did a bathroom with rectified polished porcelain bout 6 months ago, and they cost 50gbp/m2, and they differed up to about 2mm from each other, in the same box. I remember it quite clearly because the customer requested thin joints.
very similar story but with Villeroy Boch tiles (about £80m2) variance of about 2 mm, very annoying as they were on walls also!:mad2:

W

White Room

The main problem beanz is that tiles are rarely the same size unless you buy very expensive ones. It also depends on the substrate you are tiling on to. Anything with the potential for movement needs to have room for the movement, hence a bigger joint.

To have a 1 mm grout line, you will need to have very high quality tiles, a very stable and flat substrate and very good eyes!

mister%20frog_490b8a1c813bc.jpg

Something like this grumpy

Reply to Grout line thickness!?! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen